Thursday, February 18, 2010

How to turn Announcements and Digital Diary on "Insite" into emails

I don't know about you, but I keep forgetting to check 'Announcements' and 'Digital Diary' on the Otago Polytechnic internal website - Insite. So to solve this problem, I have set things up so all Announcements and items in Digital Diary come to me as emails into my Outlook Inbox.

To do this all you have to do is:

Go to 'Announcements' or 'Digital Diary' (the process is the same for both) on Insite. Click on the button that says 'Actions'.


Click on the option that says 'Alert me'.


Decide what options suit you, about how and when the emails will be sent to you. Then, click onto 'OK'.


If you wish to cancel your alert at any time, go to the alert page and click onto '
'View my existing alerts on this site'.


Then choose wish alert you want to delete and click onto 'Delete'.